Sunday, January 15, 2012

There is a job for everything

Due to my caugh I went to MakatiMedi recently. There I was given a good example how many job can be created for each kind of need: After I saw the doctor and got the prescription, I had to go to the drugstore department to obtain the medicine. First there was one guy who opened the door for me when entering. Then there was another guy who fetched a waiting line ticket for me and kindly handed it to me. When it was my turn I could talk to the pharmacist to obtain the medicine. Of course I had to pay for it at another desk with another person sitting behind. I was gladly paying cash, while another person was mopping the tiled floor and also around me feet.
Don't get me wong: It has a lot of positive sides to create that many jobs. But I am not really used to that.

Well, there is one thing that my local laundry will have to get used to, when making business with me: I usually hand in my laundry, filling in the standard form to list all the items to be submitted and cleaned. Sometimes the socks in my laundry bags just won't add up to be pairs of two. So I might hand them in as uneven number, hoping that the missing sock might show up agan at a later stage (what they usually do). How to fill in the form correctly? I usually try: "Socks: Six and a half pairs". The cleaning staff used to look at my legs and started counting, but it still wouldn't make any sense to them...

Recently in the Greenbelt shopping center I discovered this handy gadget:
 I wonder if I should get it for my future scuba diving...

And have a look at this designer store. It's a pity my apartment will be furnished already... I would love to shop here...

On Friday the staff of Sofgen organised a cool Welcome Lunch at Gerry's, a Filipino Food restaurant chain. Thanks again for organising and for the invitation!! The food was great!
PS: Note that I am wearing a sweater. This is due my cold and because of the permanent aircon.



Today I got a private city sight seeing tour with a friend and a tour guide. We visited Intramuros. A place with a lot of history. It is a must and practically inevitable to visit if you want to understand the Filipino identity.



This was our private tour guide for the day. A very gentle person.

I couldn't count how many passengers, but there were at least 11 on that tri-cycle.

The oldest church of the Philippines: San Agustin Church, completed 1606 a.d.

This device was used by the Spanish to process gun powder:

Cherry, my charming company today, who had organised the tour:


After Intramuros we continued to the Mall of Asia, which is said to be the largest mall in whole Asia













No comments:

Post a Comment