Thursday, January 12, 2012

I receive 1000, Sir

All service staff is really well trained here in Makati. Whenever you pay something cash, they count the amount in front of your eyes and tell you the amount they have received. I am hearing the sentence "I receive xxx, Sir" many times a day.

On the way home I usually pass through the super cool shopping mall Greenbelt. There are around 100 restaurants in there (not exagerated). I wanted to get a McDonalds cheeseburger long time ago. But as McDonalds is the last restaurant in the line, I never managed to arrive there being hungry still...

Today I was at the clinic called MakatiMedi to consult a doctor for my caugh and running nose. At 9am I was second patient in queue when I registered. At 10:30am I was still second. Something seemed wrong. At 10:45am the doctor finally arrived and I realised why it took so long waiting in line...
Next time I will need it, I might try another clinic called Saint Luke's. I was told that would have a better standard. Doctor seemed well qualified at MakatiMed though...

Locals told me not to choose the white taxis if possible. Those are privately operated and thus might be not as safe as the officially registered ones. But there are hardly any other ones than the white ones. Argh.

At lunch break we keep going to different restaurants each time. There is an Irish one we have visited twice already. If you read their menu, it looks as if there would be a massive supply shortage:

Yesterday I have had the chance to view the Greenbelt Residences. 4 apartments. I fell in love with one in the middle tower, level 40.  Because it has the most modern interior and has never been used before. It is a little bit far on my upper price range, and not too large. But hmm... See yourself.
This is the kitchen:


Living room


This is the view from the living / dining room. The thought that my boss can see me from his office is kind of disturbing though...  :-)

Guest bedroom





Shared garden


Shared gym

The fire alarm board



Master bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment