Saturday, January 7, 2012

First week is over

After one week here in Manila, I am getting more and more accustomed to the place. The environment around Greenbelt (that mall...) is very convenient.
Work is great so far except for the slow internet connection which makes working with Citrix really annoying. I guess we will have to improve something there in the near future.
This is the tower where I work: The Rufino Pacific Tower.


The people are all cool. However I am surprised to see that most of the staff bring in their lunch to the office and eat it in the break room. I might do that too some times, just to get in touch with the local staff better. I did not yet have the opportunity to have a personal chat with each of them. And I don't know all of their names yet.
This is the place where I had lunch twice this week:


A shame that I did not yet start to read my Tagalog text books. But there are just so many things to discover everywhere.

When I walk I usually have a good pace. Here it's kind of difficult sometimes, as most people have a really slow pace when walking down the stairs or when stepping on the escalator. Especially the escalator thing is a mystery to me. Some people are just standing in front of the escalator, looking down to the moving steps, and... just keep standing. 

Yesterday I could see 4 more condos. One happens to be right next door of my current serviced apartment. Here are a couple of pictures.


PS: Sorry for that finger



















No comments:

Post a Comment