Sunday, January 29, 2012

Still not decided which condo to rent

Still I have not decided which condo I shall rent. Made an offer for the owner's of my favourite one. But that has not been accepted for more than a week now. And it's already expensive enough. I wonder if I shall make a even higher offer now or look for another one.

This would be the building where my favourite apartment would be located in:
To make get an idea what district I shall look for a condo, I have been to Fort Bonifacio Global City. It is like a city in the city. Totally different from Makati. But very nice too. Taxi ride from Makati to there: On a Sunday 11 minutes (I took the time). On week-days: 30-40 minutes (I was told). Not sure if that will be convenient for commuting every day...

This is Highstreet, where a lot of people hang out in restaurants, cafes, in the park. Or walk their dogs. Good for children to play. I guess this place might be preferrable for the Remund family once they will be here:





At the end of the Highstreet, there is a huge shopping mall: Market Market. Asians really love shopping, not only when they travel to Europe. And the best thing: All the malls are open on Sunday, too!!

This is the park in front of the Market Market Mall:

A little fair where the newest kitchen tool inventions are presented:

The entrance to the mall: Security Check. One line for women, one for men:

Inside:


Need a new phone number because your current number contains an unlucky digit? Here you go.

Last week, I found an ant trail running staight trough my hotel bed. That night I was woken up several times by a tickling of an ant. Luckily no bite. First I tried to de-route the trail through a hole into my neighbour's apartment to get rid of them. But my capabilities as an ant traffic enforcer seem to be limited. So I made the house-keeping taking care of it.

The streets in Makati (city centre) are abandoned on Sundays. Streets where usually cars run bumper by bumper look totally empty on Sundays: (the red car is a parked one...)

This week-end, I checked out two of the largest malls of Asia: The Mall of Asia and the SM Megamall. The Mall of Asia is said to be the largest Mall of Asia.
There I visited the food court and had a small menu including soft drink for 1.5 US$:

This is the ice skating court inside the Mall of Asia. Every hour they also have real snow falling down from the ceiling:

This is the inside parkway of the Mall of Asia. The mall is very spread out accross a big area and looks very nice and not not just monolithic:

This is a picture of the Greenbelt Mall. I think you understand why I would like to live nearby:

A restaurant with tables in the park of Greenbelt:
It is a bit sad to hear that the area of Makati used to be very green having a lot of trees and birds, before it was developed and most of the trees were removed. The Greenbelt mall seems to be something like a memorial of the ancient vegetation in this place.

So far I have to say that the Filipinos are really nice folks!
What I like about them:
  • They are not in a hurry all the time
  • They seem to be always happy, even if life is playing hard on some of them
  • They are friendly and very respectful, not only to foreigners
  • They all speak English well (many of them better than me...)
  • They are very caring, for children, for elderly, but in general for other people as well.
After such a week-end, only one thing helps to cool down a bit:

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is so gorgeous and inspiring. Bonifacio Global City condo for rent is really a place you can rent when you want to visit Philippines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I been here in almost a month. I been looking for condo for rent in Manila. So I asked my friend where do I find some condo for rent.Finally, when I got here in Manila I found one. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manila condominium unit for sale are one of my biggest yet most perfect investment so far! I love it!

    ReplyDelete