Monday, January 2, 2012

Arrived

I arrived exactly during New Year at Makati. When the clock struck 12 I was on a taxi ride to my serviced apartment. The fireworks are fantastic here but also a bit dangerous. Some of the smaller streets were literally on fire with all these fire crackers and rockets. News reported the next morning: "Only 480 injured due to firework" which seems to be a reduction compared to the previous year.

Had a great night clubbing with Samuel who had to leave to London already a couple of hours later.

My (temporary) serviced apartment is located very well, almost next to the Greenbelt mall. The apartment is not too large though. Twelfth floor (out of more than thirty...).
This is the building (middle one):

And this is the view from my room's window:


I have not seen much of the city yet. Will have to catch up during the next few days. Not sure yet how safe / unsafe it is to walk around especially during night which starts very early here (around 18:30).

Still struggeling a bit with the internet connection in my apartment: Once a device is connected, other devices are blocked. And logging off seems not to work using the URL given.

Bought some more cloths today as I only brought two suits and nothing else.

Got a sour throat last night despite the aircon being turned off. I guess my neighbour is cooling that much it even cools my apartment, too!

The Greenbelt mall offers a wide variety of restaurants, bars, shops and cinemas. The food is really great. Not dared to try the seafood though. This was my brunch on morning of 01.01.2012:

This is the Greenbelt mall:

Tomorrow my work is going to start. I am curious how that will be and what expecations I will be confronted with.

No comments:

Post a Comment