Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Italianni's restaurant: Why you should not buy the discount card

I had a discount card of Italianni's Restaurant (http://www.italiannis.com.ph) which costed P1'500 and allowed me 20% discount on all bills at Italianni's and some other restaurant for one year.
Unfortunately, one of the Italianni's restaurants didn't bring me back that card after I have settled the restaurant bill. And I didn't notice it. It's gone.

Now it turns out (typical for a paper-based country like the Philippines. Nothing is ever stored in a centralized computer system.) that they can not replace a lost card, although I had to register my name, address, phone number and e-mail address when purchasing it. I had to purchase a new one instead.
When purchasing a new one at the Italianni's at Greenbelt 2 in Makati, it turned out that they are out of stock of the card. They only had the Premium card for P2'500 on stock. A bit frustrated I went for that one and bought it.
Now I am home and noticed that they didn't give me the booklet containing all these vouchers which make the difference between the cheaper standard card and the premium card! When calling that restaurant, they really suggested to keep the booklet until my next visit, so I could collect it then. Wow, this is bad customer service! Just a pity that they serve the best Broccoli Aspargus Ravioli I ever had. Otherwise I would avoid that restaurant from now on...
My rating:
  • Kitchen: (8 out of 10)
  • Service: (3 out of 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment