Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More diving, Singapore, and a visit from Hong Kong


Scuba diving in Anilao, Batangas

One week ago, I could spend a very nice week-end in Anilao with some friends. We went for 4 dives.


By the way: My dive computer automatically uploads the dive profiles to MoveScout. Check them out:
http://www.movescount.com/moves/move7440616





Thanks to Sherry Ann, who was taking those pictures of me. Finally I have some pictures showing me. Usually I am the one taking the pictures myself.

[picture removed :-)]

Thanks also to the team of the Anilao Beach Club. They have a superb scuba base. Only one hint for them: Label your air refreshener as such. Each westerner will mistake it as a hand soap and will use it to clean his hands. :-)

Avaloq After Work Party in Singapore

For the Avaloq After Work Party, I was given the chance to fly over from Manila and stay for 2 nights. It was nice to meet the staff of the Singapore office for once. And the city looks nice and certainly offers a lot of convenience and nice food options.
This was the view from the terrace of the Esplanade, where the party took place:




Visit of Sumi

Last week-end Sumi paid me a visit from Hong Kong respectively from England. We had not met for a long time, and it was nice to freshen up that friendship again and showing her around in Manila.
On this picture we are on a food tasting event called "Hungry Games" with Christian.


Funny things

In the Philippines, pay-day is twice a month. Usually 14th or 15th of every month, and 30th. This is how ATMs look on such pay-days:

What I don't understand is: It seems to be hip to show a German car registration plate underneath the Filipino registration plate. I have no idea where that comes from, or what the motivation behind is. This is how it looks:


1 comment:

  1. So now you are complaining about the air refreshener. You still didn't get a life, man!

    ReplyDelete